It was an expected invitation but one too good to turn down. A weekend to Genting Resorts World to check out dance show iLuminate, traveling on a party bus with Singapore's vibrant artists, dancers & bloggers - live performances and DJs hosted by...yours truly. I brought down the girl friends Aquila & Felicia as well as my brother from another mother DJ Ryan Pittam. Party Bus ready set go!
The weekend was so much fun from the madness of the bus party, the spectacle of iLuminate show, hanging out at a strawberry farm and of course the epic Rap cypher at the Singaporean border. As all things go, it was truly the people that make the trip. The Lion City talent I met on this trip gave me great hope for the future of creative movements coming out of Singapore, especially as the topography of the arts & culture systems begin to change.
Most of all a great big thank you to the whole team at BANDWAGON APP. As an events curator myself, I saw the possible logistical nightmare of this undertaking and everyone at Bandwagon handled curve balls with grace under fire. Instax portraits of the beautiful people I met after the jump.
- No knowing any ice breakers, so I did the next logical thing and taught a bus full of Singaporeans how to cuss in Jamaican patois. "BUMBACLAT BABYLON!"
- Hosting the bus until 4am powered only by ice cold Heinekens and Ryan's egging on to keep going.
- Live beat session with Singapore producer FZPZ, fresh talent and really great soundscapes.
- Linda Hao and crew's outfits! Yes fashion! Check out her line YESAH
- iLuminate Dance show was amazing. I was blown away by the discipline of the dancers and the balance that must be struck between technology and movement. Why is this show not coming to Singapore? SELL OFF!
- Eating "breakfast" from 1-3pm with Aquila and Felicia talking about everything and the kitchen sink.
- Receiving a postcard from wicked DJ Cat's on Crack. What a sweetie pie! Wonder if I can convince these electronic DJs in SG to try Dub & Reggae and come play a set at Singapura Dub Club?
- Having an epic rap cypher with all the good people of bus 2. The best things in life are impulsive and free. No better place to experience this than Singapore's customs & immigration lol.